Children’s Indoor Play Centre
Safety Policy & Rules
While Play2Day staff and management endeavour to ensure the safety of all visitors, it remains the responsibility of accompanying adults & guardians to supervise the children in their care while visiting the facility. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged at least 16) and remain the responsibility of said adult at all times.
Parents and guardians must:
– Remain on the premises at all times.
– Monitor their child to ensure that he/she is capable of using the equipment safely, to adhere and understand all safety signs.
– Know where their child is and ensure that the child is able to locate them at all times.
– Parents must accompany toddlers in the Baby Area at all times. Do not let your toddlers roam around the Children’s Play Centre by themselves
.Parents and guardians only know their child’s capabilities and behaviour best and should ensure an appropriate level of supervision to reflect this.
1. Maximum age is 11 years.
Maximum height limit for children in the Baby Area is indicated by the ‘Are you taller than me?’ line at the entrance. We all appreciate an area where small children can play safely without bigger children, so if your child is over this height please explain to them the importance of not entering the area and please keep an eye on them.
If staff find any children/person over the height limit in either area please do not take offence if asked to leave the area.
2. Parents are responsible for their children and must remain on site at all times. All children must be supervised at all times by an adult (16yrs + and ID might be required). Do not let toddlers roam around on their own. Children cannot supervise children.
3. No re-entry unless you pay another admission.
4. Slides may cause friction burns. Legs and arms (skin) to be covered and hair to be tied back. We recommend you do not wear expensive clothes.
5. No food or drink allowed on play structure, any of the play facilities or in the Baby Area. Please keep an eye
on your hot drinks. Use bins.
6. Only one at a time on all equipment and adhere to all safety signs. Balls, bricks and toys must remain in their designated areas.
7. Food and drink to be purchased at the café. Please do not embarrass yourself by bringing your own food/drink as staff will ask you to put it into your vehicle.
8. Jugs and cups of water can be provided free of charge on request. Bottles of water can be purchased at the café.
9. Please help us keep our framework safe. Vandalism on our equipment & dropped foreign objects can occur during the day between our maintenance checks. If you see
anything, please report it to a Duty Manager immediately.
10. Although Play2Day strives to maintain a safe environment, accidents can still occur so please immediately report to a member of staff any incidents. Although Play2Day staff is under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to provide first aiders, in the event first aid is needed, only basic first aid will be applied, an ambulance may be called or you will be directed to the hospital or walk in centre.
Anyone displaying signs of injury or illness will not be permitted onto the play frame.
12. Members of staff will not tolerate abusive behaviour or violence from any member of the public (adult, teenager or child). You may be removed from the premises
without a refund, banned from returning and/or the police will be called.
13. For those parents whose children cause trouble we would ask that the matter is dealt with in an adult manner. Staff will not get involved. If the matter upsets our customers then the family/families involved will be asked to leave the premises.
14. In the event of a fire alarm activation, please leave the building immediately from the nearest fire exit. Do not re-enter the building. The staff will evacuate all children from the building and you can meet up with them at the assembly point
in the front car park.
Please note that parents/carers are responsible at all times for the supervision and safety of the children in their care. Food and drink consumed on the premises can only be purchased from the snack bar.